The French Institute for restorative justice is an independent association which gathers researches and practitioners specializing in restorative justice as well as volunteers and employees.
The Office is responsible for the executive management of the IFJR.
- Chair : Robert CARIO – Pr. of criminology (Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour)
- Vice-president : Catherine ROSSI – Pr. of Criminology (Université Laval, Québec, Canada)
- General Secretary : Sabine RENOU – Facilator (APAVIM, Pau), associate Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Law, Economics and Management (Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour)
- Assistant General Secretary : Paul MBANZOULOU – Lecturer and Researcher, Director of the Research and Documentation Unit at the Ecole Nationale d’Administration Pénitentiaire (the National School of Prison Administration) in Agen
- Treasurer : Jessica FILIPPI – PhD student at the Jean Pinatel Unit of comparative criminal studies (Unité Jean Pinatel de sciences criminelles compares, UJP/CRAJ) UPPA
- International development supervisor : Jean-Charles PARAS – “Justice-Human rights” consultant, Saint Etienne, France
The Board is made up of the members of the Office together with outside personalities and is responsible for the follow-up of the IFJR’s activities. It also comprises permanent guest members. At the meetings, the Board invites a personality who is a specialist of a topical area of restorative justice and of penal justice in order to lead a debate designed to instruct the Board on the general policy of the IFJR.
- Sabrina BELLUCCI, Managing Director, National Institute of aid to victims and mediation (Institut national d’aide aux victimes et de mediation, INAVEM, Paris);
- Frédéric LAUFERON, Managing Director, Association of applied criminal policy and social reintegration (Association de politique criminelle appliquée et de réinsertion sociale, APCARS, Paris, France);
- Brice DEYMIE, Eric ROMMELUERE, Multi-Professional Platform for restorative justice (Paris, France);
- Estelle DROUVIN, Director, Centre for restorative justice services (Centre de service de justice réparatrice CSJR, Montreal, Canada);
- Nicole TERCQ, Director, Pyrenean Association of aid to victims and mediation (Association pyrénéenne d’aide aux victims et de mediation, APAVIM, Pau, France);
- Jean-Jacques GOULET, Circle Of Support and Accountability (COSA) (Cercle de soutien et de responsabilité, CSR ; Montreal, Canada);
- Pr. Ivo AERTSEN, uropean Forum for restorative justice (Leuven, Belgium);
- Pr. Frieder DUNKEL, Chair in criminology, Ernst-Moritz-Arndt Universität, Greifswald, (Germany);
- Pr. Ali-Hossein NADJAFI, Professor of criminology, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, (Iran).
The IFJR has a salaried director in charge of the daily running of the IFJR as well as the implementation of the technical missions of support that the institute is called upon to provide.
Contact details : (+33)6 25 49 36 05 or firstname.lastname@example.org